Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cadillac Dream

I have been having some vivid dreams lately. Not particularly interesting except for how clear they are and how well I remember them. I was talking to a friend of mine about this and he suggested it might be one of the prescription drugs I am taking to control triglycerides. This is a dream I had this morning.

I was with my wife at some kind of formal get together, like a wedding or a funeral, something like that, and I had to move a car, a pale purple Cadillac. It was a Cadillac, but the lines were not quite like anything I had ever seen. I suppose it must be some model from the future. I moved it to a place at the end of a line of parked cars somewhere in the front of the facility. I did not have a key, but I had a small black, metal and plastic box, about the size of pocket size box of matches. It had a couple of panels that folded out and inside of one of these panels was a small piece of flat metal about the size of your little finger nail. It was shaped like a house from a Monopoly game and had a hole in the center. It worked just fine in the ignition key slot.

A little later I had to move this same car again, this time around back of the facility (restaurant, lodge, whatever). This time I had to wait for the hood to close. It was hinged at the front, like a big truck or a race car, not at the rear like most cars. It had some automatic mechanism for closing. Before it closed, I noticed a couple of things. The cast aluminum intake manifold was perfectly clean. There were several horizontal, clear tubes, about the size of a fat ball point pen, on the back of what might have been a carburator. They were part of some kind of display/gauge. As the hood closed, I got the impression that there was a central air duct integral with the hood.

After I moved the car (I don't recall actually driving it). We went in some kind of prefab building constructed mostly of light yellow fiberglass reinforced plastic, like a bathtub or a ski boat. We went up a short flight of stairs to the entrance. Just inside the entrance was a door to the right which led to the main part of the building. Straight ahead was a carpeted wheel chair ramp. It might have been a little steep for wheel chairs because we were able to slide on our feet all the way to the bottom. At the bottom there were a hallway which led into another part of the building and a door that appeared to be an exit. Taking the exit led to an equipment patio with no exit, except back the way we came or another door back into the building. We took the other door which led us into a lounge of some sort, and that is all I remember.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: