Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 20, 2010

War Is A Drug

My wife and I watched The Hurt Locker off of Verizon tonight. $5. Not a bad price for not having to plan ahead, and not having to get up and go out to get a movie. The title of this post is from a bit of text on the screen at the beginning of the movie, and you know, if you think about it, it certainly explains a whole lot about the human race. Grim little story about guys going out every day to do a really nasty job in a really nasty neighborhood. Come back to the base every night where things are a little more sane, but not much. I wonder if that really helps. Or would it be better to just be immersed in an insane environment all the time?

Reminds me of something I read a while back about soldiers in Iraq: when they are in Iraq, the only thing they want is to go home. But once they get home, the only thing they want to do is to go back. Yeah, sounds kind of like a drug to me.

No comments: