Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, July 1, 2011

Yacht Disaster

Steve sent me some pictures of a motor yacht breaking loose from a sling and falling nose first into the harbor. I got to wondering how that came to pass. Was it really an equipment failure? Or was it some overworked rigger making a mistake? Or, my personnel favorite, deliberate sabotage by someone nursing a grudge against some too rich jackass?

Unfortunately, the email didn't identify the boat, owner, harbor or date, much less any assign any blame, so I did a a little digging. I found exactly the same story posted in several places. I finally came across the origins of the story on snopes.com, which did give all the pertinent details, except the owner.

No comments: