Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2

The kids and I saw the new Harry Potter movie yesterday afternoon. I can't say as I was impressed. My daughter has been a faithful devotee of all things Potter since the beginning. I've read a couple of the books and I've seen most of the movies, and I have enjoyed them. This one though, I dunno, it just didn't have the same ... je ne sais quoi. I got the impression it was all war all the time, Harry and all the good guys against the bad guy, what's his name, and his army of minions. The magic was too much like hi-tech gooble-de-gook, but I think the biggest failing was there was virtually no interplay between the characters, and no comedy. Nothing funny about war at all.

The trip to the vaults in Gringots (did I phrase/spell that right?) was semi-interesting, in an advertisement-for-the-new-attraction-at-Disney-World kind of way, and the family bit at the end was pleasant. But that was about it.

No comments: