Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, July 23, 2011

4 Person Tandem

We were talking about bicycles and bicyclists this evening, which prompted me to remember this. I was on RAGBRAI several years ago and I found myself heading down a long hill into a river valley. The road was reasonably straight, there wasn't any motor vehicle traffic to speak of, and only a few bicycles, so cranked it up and went sailing down the hill in the left lane, passing all those bicycles who were proceeding at a more cautious pace. I was probably going 30 MPH when I hear this bicycle bell ringing and ringing and ringing. What the heck? Who is ringing their bell? And why? I am going as fast as can be, who is ringing their bell? And then ZOOM, this four person tandem comes sailing by me on my left. They had to be going 60 MPH, they were just flying. Scared the s*** out of me.

This is the best picture I could find, and it isn't even all adults.

Update November 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: