Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Home Alone

There was a minor kerfluffle this morning over some missing car keys, but it seemed to have been resolved. A few hours later I hear what sounds like a knock down drag out argument between my wife and daughter. They are screaming to beat the band. I start to go upstairs to see what all the fuss is about, but then I think maybe I'd better not interfere. Anything I might say or do would probably just stir the pot, and the pot is plenty stirred enough as it is.
    The racket subsides in short order, as these things are wont to do, and a little later I make a foray to assess the damage. Turns out there was no argument - it was something my wife was watching on the computer. I never suspected I could be fooled by an audio recording. There is a solid door at the top of the stairs, so I have the interference from that in my defense. There have been scenes in movies where this has been done, but I always suspected it of being just movie stuff - no one would actually be fooled into thinking there were real people talking when it was just a television playing, would they?

No comments: