Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Wolf of Wall Street

Different movie by Charles Ferguson, but a similar topic, and this image doesn't give any particular slimeball any publicity.

I read a review of the movie The Wolf of Wall Street, and I read about how some guy stood up and called it 'crap' or something at the premier. On one hand I think it's probably a pretty good movie, I mean this is Scorsese, and it might even have some kind of positive effect on the people of this country. But I didn't want to go see it. It might be a cathartic experience when the bad guys get their comeuppance, but having to watch their criminal behavior might be more than I can stand. And then I read this story by Christina McDowell in LA Weekly, so now I have an excuse to not go see it. She might be wrong about what kind of effect the movie will have on people. Then again, with the endless parade of douche-baggery that our modern world offers, maybe she's not.

Via Comrade Misfit

P.S. Charles Ferguson's story about why he isn't making a movie about Hillary Clinton, or Money Talks, Part 3.

No comments: