Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

No 6207


Seems like when I was growing up all these heavy industrial activities were kind of glossed over as being old hat, ordinary and unimportant. I guess they sort of were, after all we had the latest high gloss whiz bang from Detroit to drool over, not to mention all the crazy flying machines the war department was cooking up. There is still some heavy industry going on - Caterpillar is still going great guns, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big earth moving machines outweighed one of these old steam locomotives.
    Seems like the people who put together movies these days mostly focus on useless, foolish nonsense. I suppose it pays the bills, but if you are looking for something worthwhile if means there is a whole lot of crap you have to wade through.
    Kudos to Comrade Misfit for finding this one.

P.S. About No 6207: I didn't realize that steam locomotives had both inner and outer cylinders (witness the crankshaft-axle). I was only aware of the outer ones. The narrator doesn't make a big deal about it, which kind of implies that it was typical, but I don't think it was. I think most locos only had the outer cylinders.

No comments: