Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Processed Food

I just got myself something to eat out of the fridge: a roll, a slice of cheese and a cup of grapefruit slices. All came wrapped in plastic and I wondered if maybe there was something about the plastic wrappers that was subconsciously affecting my choices. Maybe there is some molecule that migrates from the plastic wrapper to the food we eat and it triggers some kind of mytery reflex that causes us to want more plastic wrapped food.

Then I realized that, no, that wasn't it. It's just the consistency that I want. I just want something to eat, I don't really care what it is, I am busy thinking about something else, so I don't want any surprises. I want something that I have eaten before. I know how it tastes, and processed food, for all its faults, is remarkably consistent in taste and texture.

No comments: