Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Who Am I?

Queen Esther Revealing her True Identity by Lilian Broca
    I went by Walgreens yesterday to pick up a script. Whenever you do this they always want to play 20 questions: What's your name? How do you spell that? What's your address? What's your phone number? What was the name of first pet? Before the Affordable Care Act and all the "Privacy" crap all you had to know was the name of the patient, and be able to pay for it. Besides the fact that you are broadcasting all this supposedly private information to anyone within earshot (I heard every bit of the transaction that transpired with the car in front of me in the drive thru), it's obnoxious, time consuming and annoying.
    I thought I would bypass the 20 questions by giving them my drivers licence, that should shut them up. So I open my wallet and . . . what? Where's my license? Where's my ATM card? What the heck happened? Did I leave my wallet unattended and someone just swiped those two cards? For the life of me I can't imagine what happened.
    So I docilely submit to the 20 questions, collect the script and head home. On the way I realize that about a week ago I went to the bank and to get some cash, and since I went thru the drive thru there as well, the cash and the paperwork came back in an envelope. Sure enough, when I got home I found my missing cards in the envelope with the (pitiful) remains of the cash. What's really surprising is that in that week I never noticed that those cards were missing, and I had been in my wallet several times. That's just a little scary.

P.S. I had an insight about drive-thru facilities. They seem kind of frivolous. Are you really that lazy that you can't walk from the parking lot to the store? (I think I got this attitude from my parents.) Last night I realized that it isn't the walking, it's the parking. Finding a spot, maneuvering your car into the spot, shutting down the car, gathering up your stuff, climbing out, locking up. Now, admittedly, it doesn't take more that a few seconds to do all this, but it is kind of a complicated hassle, and going through the drive-in eliminates all of this. Plus you don't have to wear shoes. Or even pants, for that matter.

No comments: