Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Kaspersky Software Lingers On Sensitive Government Systems 2 Years After U.S. Ban

Kapersky Anti-Virus Software
Forbes has the story. Back when I used to run the Microsoft Windows operating system software on my personal computer, I used Kaspersky anti-virus software. It was much less hassle than McAfee or any of the other stuff that was floating around back then. I thought it was a little weird that it was coming out of Russia rather than the USA, but it was free and it seemed to do the trick.

Trying to secure all of the computers being used by government employees sounds like a thankless task, especially if they are in politics. Politicians, as we are constantly reminded, are generally idiots who at best can come up with endless stream of inflammatory one-liners. Maintaining a secure computer is beyond most of them, hell, it's beyond most people. Any system running anti-virus software is, almost by definition, insecure.

Me, I run Linux, and it mostly works, most of the time. But then I'm not working in national defense or politically charged situations.


1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I've been using Malwarebytes for years with great success.