Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wreck of the Unbelievable


Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable NetFlix TRAILER

I started watching this movie the other night and I thought "this is really cool!".

Model of the 'wrecked ship' Apistos
I mean the world is full of bizarre going-ons, an ancient shipwreck full of sculptures could have been found off the east coast of Africa. I was so excited about this that half way through I stopped watching it so I could dig up some information for a blog posting, and that's when I found out it was all fake. The movie is a really good fake, though. The setting, the equipment, the acting were all thoroughly convincing.

The Severed Head of Medusa
Some of the art works are pretty cool as well. I haven't finished the movie and I don't know if I will.

Damien Hirst's pickled shark, AKA "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living"
The whole thing was a project by Damien Hirst who is famous in the art world (a fantasy land that operates in the upper stratosphere of society) to promote his show in Venice. His fame seems to come from the weird-ass art he produced. I mean is a dead animal in a glass tank full of formaldehyde really art, or is it a scientific specimen?


No comments: