Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, August 12, 2019

Le Bistro Montage

Montage Restaurant, Portland Oregon
Took the family out for dinner yesterday to celebrate the girl's birthdays. Montage is on the east side of the river, right next to the ramp leading to the Morrison Bridge.

NO MINORS sign at La Merde
We started with drinks next door at La Merde (you really gave your bar a shit name?) where they had this enormous NO MINORS sign. Must be eight feet wide.

SCIENCE
This painting (SCIENCE) hangs in the dining room. The give away postcards of this one.

Montage Bar with broken frying pans
Notice the three broken frying pans hanging on the wall in the above image. I kind of wondered what the story was, but now that I've had time to reflect I'm even more curious. I mean, first of all, how the heck do you break a frying pan? There are no obvious signs of trauma, so how was it done? I suppose it could be done with fire and ice, but why? It's just weird man.

I had the chicken fried steak, mostly on account of not having seen it on a menu since I left Texas 30 years ago. It was fine, but it's really a meal for a hungry man, and being as don't do that much work anymore I seldom develop a real appetite. I ate the whole thing anyway and it left me contented.

The tab for drinks and dinner for six ran about $200. We were light drinkers, three of us were driving.

No comments: