Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, November 16, 2019

The Rifleman

Chuck Connors with rifles
Saw this over at daily timewaster. I recognized him immediately, of course, because I'm old, but I couldn't think of the actor's name. So I go to Wikipedia where I found this bit:

Large loop cocking lever
The Rifleman's gimmick was a modified Winchester Model 1892 rifle, with a large ring lever drilled and tapped for a set screw. The lever design allowed him to cock the rifle by spinning it around his hand. In addition, the screw could be positioned to depress the trigger every time he worked the lever, allowing for rapid fire, emptying the magazine in under five seconds during the opening credits on North Fork's main street.
Empty the magazine in five seconds? See for yourself:


The Rifleman - "Sharpshooter" Season 1 Episode 1

Billy Jack had a similar rifle. He was able to work the action one-handed. I tried it once with an unmodified lever action rifle. It about took my hand off.

Via daily timewaster

No comments: