Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Windows is Wonderful Part 9487

I set up a Windows Hotmail account for all my Linux related stuff. When I got serious about fixing the problems with my Linux box, I visited a bunch of forums, and they all want you to register, and they all want an email address. No telling how much junk mail this is going to generate, so I set up a new email account to deal with them. I already had a three other email accounts, and hotmail is the only one I hadn't tried so I thought I'd give it a go. The oddness of using a Windows program to cope with Linux didn't even occur to me, or maybe it just appealed to my perverse sense of humor.


But now every time I go to check this account, and it tells me I need to upgrade my browser. I'm sorry, my browser has already been upgraded, but there is no way of telling it that, and there isn't even a check box to tell it not to show me this warning again. I suppose that's what I get for trying to use a Microsoft do-hickey on Linux.

Update December 2016 replaced missing image.

No comments: