Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 7, 2009

Grocery Store International



When I was in Iowa, my brother Andy and I stopped at a small grocery store in downtown Ft. Madison. It was a real minimalist operation. Canned goods in boxes stacked on the floor, bag your own groceries, one clerk in the whole place, and grocery carts that work like the baggage carts at the airport, except no rental fee. Put in a quarter to get a cart, get your quarter back when you return it. Now I get some photos from my sister-in-law's trip to the Mideast, and here is a photo of the same kind of grocery carts at a store in Israel. Could it be the same chain? Did somebody say chain? Chain, chain, chain ...



Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: