Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 25, 2009

Bad Design

I was walking around downtown last night and I came across this fine bit of work. I noticed it because of the warning sign on the people door. If it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I would like to think there was a good reason for this, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is.


What we have here is a large sliding grill that allows cars in or out, and a smaller door for people to go in or out. Problem here is that the big door slides across the opening for the small door. The sign on the people door warns them to watch out for the big sliding door. No kidding. My problem, and I admit it's a personal problem, it why they didn't put the person door on the other side of the opening where the sliding door doesn't go? I looked for something in the situation that would prevent this and I didn't find one. Matter of fact, it looked like it would have been more logical to put the small door on the left hand side of the opening.

Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: