Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waffles

I like waffles, not enough to make them from scratch, but I like eating them. Home made waffles hot from the grill are great, but frozen waffles, hot from the toaster are good enough, and there isn't much in the way of clean up. The one thing I don't get though is why there are two kinds of frozen waffles. There is your "homestyle" and then there is your "buttermilk". In all my years of eating these things I have never noticed any difference. Of course, I have never run a side-by-side comparison test. I'll get two out of a box, toast 'em, and eat 'em. And they taste like waffles, whether they are "homestyle" or "buttermilk".

So if you can tell the difference, you can call yourself a connoisseur, of waffles anyway.

They are pretty cheap, too. I bought five boxes of ten this morning for $2 each. That's 20 cents per waffle. That's pretty good when the smallest denomination of useful currency is a buck. The waffles were Western Family brand, not Eggo, but that is fine with me.

Update January 2017 replaced missing images.

No comments: