Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Exercise

I went to Costco a few weeks ago and ended up carrying a case and a half of water out to the car. It left me huffing and puffing. Picking up this burden was no big deal, it probably weighed in the neighbor hood of 35 pounds, but carrying it the hundred yards or so out to the car left me panting for breath. This isn't right. So I started carrying a bucket of sand around the outside of the house once a day, maybe 200 feet, with one ten foot high hill to climb. Once was all I could manage before I had to set the bucket down.

When we went visited Moran State Park on Orcas Island a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to take the trail up the side of the hill, not the easy path around the lake. I don't like going to the gym, and I don't particularly care for going for walks by myself. From these observations I have deduced that I want something challenging. Carrying the bucket of sand meets that requirement, but going only once a day doesn't really seem to have much of an effect: it doesn't get any easier. So I suppose I am going to have to start doing it several times a day, with a break in between each tour.

No comments: