Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vending Machines

We rented a couple of movies from a Red Box machine at McDonald's the other day. When I went to return the movies someone else was using it, and I had to wait. Minutes. Two, maybe even three.

Went to the bank the other day with my daughter to open a new account. While they are filling out paperwork I realize I need some cash, so I go out to the lobby to use the ATM. Someone else is using this machine too! I have to resort to personal service. Hmmph.

Took my wife to the ATM the other day to get some cash and the machine, instead of giving her five 20's gives her a hundred dollar bill. Who load's a machine with hundred dollar bills? I mean you can't use them anywhere. Are you going to use a $100 bill to buy a couple of ice cream cones at McDonald's (which was our next stop)? I wouldn't blame them if declined to complete the sale.

Could it be the black market has picked up so much that there is now a shortage of 20's? Or maybe the Treasury guys finally put a stop to the Iran's counterfeiting operation, and that has caused the supply of 20's to dry up. Or maybe somebody has realized that a twenty just doesn't go far enough anymore, and more people need hundreds.

Red Box and McDonald's have some deals this week. Red Box will rent you 2 DVD's for $1, and McDonald's will sell you two ice cream cones for $1. Pretty sweet.

No comments: