Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Ghost Writer

We were looking for a movie to rent the other day and one that popped up on the Red Box web site was The Ghost Writer, but my wife tells me we've seen it already. Really? I don't remember anything about it.

Today Steve sends me a story about Obama's dog getting a private jet flight to Trenton to join the family for vacation in Bar Harbor. Okay, Bar Harbor is in Maine, but Trenton is in New Jersey, isn't it? So I check Google Maps, and there is a Trenton in Maine, and unlike Bar Harbor, it has a small airport. So if you were flying to Bar Harbor, you would actually land in Trenton, Maine.

So I'm looking at the map and I notice that Bar Harbor is on the same island as Acadia National Park. Hey, isn't that one of the sites they used for filming Shutter Island? I look on my list of maps, and hey, what's this? The Ghost Writer! I made a map. I must have seen the movie. I don't remember any of this. Huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clarification: Today's story about the arrival of the Obamas said the Obama's dog and one aide arrived on a small jet before the First Family, but there were other occupants on the plane, including several other staffers. The presidential party took two small jets to the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton because the airport was too small to accommodate the president's usual jet.