Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not Bees, Part 3


John Read from Advanced Green Pest Solutions (that's Advanced Pest, much more obnoxious than your regular pest) came out this morning to look at our bee infestation. Not bees, yellow jackets. Bees have four wings, yellow jackets only have two. Well, that simplifies matters considerably. If it had been bees, I might have been tempted to try and physically remove the hive and relocate it. I mean, bees are our friends, and they are having lots of problems these days, so it would have been good to avoid destroying them. Besides, if it was a bee hive, there would have been honey, and somehow I don't think it would have been a good idea to leave a cache of honey inside the wall. Anyway, they weren't bees, so he just fogged them with some kind of nasty and that was that. $120. Well worth it considering
  • I didn't have to mess with the poison.
  • I didn't have to rip a hole in the wall and then have to repair it.
  • I don't have to store the left over poison.
  • I thought they were bees.
I think one of the reasons I thought they were bees is the ones in the house were so docile. But I think that was because they were half dead already from "breathing" fireplace exhaust. I mean they were dead (ha, ha) quiet, no buzzing at all.

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: