Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Escape by David Baldacci

US Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Picked this book up at Costco yesterday. Always on the lookout for something interesting and cheap, and this looked promising. The author's name looked familiar, and I could have sworn I read one of his books before, but I cannot find it. The story of that book was about a detective in small coal mining town in eastern Pennsylvania. At least that's the way I remember it. It was kind of gnarly (as in a twisted plot) with some interesting characters. We'll see how this one goes.
    This one starts out at the US Disciplinary Barracks in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas (satellite image above). There are four prisons here, two at the north side of the Fort, and two along the south side. Looking at the map I'm wondering wasn't I just here recently? Yes, I was. virtually. The wreck of the Steamboat Arabia is just downstream about 20 miles as the crow flies, a little more by the river.

Update later in the day: The book I was thinking of wasn't by David Baldacci, it was Grievance, a Rugs Carlucci novel by K.C. Constantine. Carlucci, Baldacci, who wouldn't get confused? I've gotten a couple of chapters into Escape and it's beginning to look like it isn't anything special. But it's easy enough to read, and since I seem to be having a hard time getting enough sleep it's just my speed.

No comments: