Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Car Design Peaked in 1967

Road & Track has a story about 4-door Ferrari's. I am still a sucker for a good looking car and I thought this one was the best of the lot. I like to think that I am still flexible enough to appreciate a good, new design, but if that's the case, why do I think all the newer ones are repellent?

For the 1967 365 GT 2+2, Ferrari took everything about its predecessor and made it bigger. The engine grew to 4.4-liters and the wheelbase and passenger compartment grew, making this a true four-seater. This was also the first Ferrari to offer power steering as standard and interestingly, a self-leveling hydropneumatic rear suspension.
With 320-bhp routed through a five-speed gearbox, the 365 GT 2+2 could hit 60 mph in 7.0 seconds. Around 800 were sold in its relatively short production run. - Chris Perkins for R & T

4 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Almost as nice as a Jensen 541 :-)

Chuck Pergiel said...

Jensen did make some good looking cars. The 541 wasn't one of them. Just goes to show that there is no accounting for taste.

Ole Phat Stu said...

But the 541 was the only Jensen I've ever gotten to drive :-)
It belonged to my late UK friend, Peter.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Well, yes, that would put a different spin on it. I would probably be enamored of the 541 if I ever got a chance to drive one.