Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Process Plates


Los Angeles Process Plates and Coronation

No story or even sound here, just the view from a car driving around Southern California in the 1950's. Lots of old cars and small houses to be seen. Oh, and some kind of pageant in the middle. 'Process Plate' was an unknown term for me. I finally got a clue from Roger Corman's book How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime:


Note about the excerpt from Roger's book: It took a couple of steps to get this. The text originally spanned two pages, and I didn't want a page break in the center, so I took steps. I started by taking a screenshot and then cropping the two sections of text it into two separate images. Load one image into Pixlr Express, use the Adjustment button, Add image to add the second section of text and then Crop once more to get the final size.

Via Posthip Scott.