Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Wei Hsueh-Kang

Wei Hsueh-Kang

Normally I wouldn't post this, but I think the length and detail of this story is what triggered me. Somebody is going to make a movie about this guy, if they haven't already. I mean he fits the profile of the villain in every action movie ever made.

Executive Summary:

  • Wei Hsueh-Kang—an ethnic Han Chinese warlord and commander in the United Wa State Army (UWSA)—informally controls the quasi-sovereign Southern Wa State in Myanmar and has transformed it into a major hub for synthetic drugs.
  • He acts as the financial mastermind for the UWSA by using vast narcotics profits to fund armed operations, laundering these illicit earnings through large business conglomerates, infrastructure projects, and illegal jade mining. 
  • Despite facing a $2 million U.S. bounty and strict international sanctions, he remains an elusive and influential figure. He evades capture through his fortified military protection, strategic bribery, and deep political connections with Chinese intelligence. 

No comments: