Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

GPS Jamming


Something is jamming GPS over Europe. Here's what we found
Veritasium

Why am I suddenly posting long, esoteric videos? Well, let me tell you about what's been going on with me:

It's been a week since my prostate surgery and my brain appears to be operating more normally. I was talking to Dennis at lunch and he told me something his brother, an oral surgeon, had once told him, and that is that any kind of surgery is like getting mugged. The anesthetic and the pain pills will remove the pain, but your body still knows you have been subjected to some harsh violence and so you will feel the effects. Going in, I didn't really have any idea what it would be like, and for several days afterward I felt basically fine. Then on Thursday they removed the catheter and apparently my brain melted. I had been working on this silly program to factor numbers and I was trying to collect the results from one table and transfer them to another table prior to display the results to the user. I understood exactly what needed to be done, I could lay it all out in my mind, but when it came time to write the code my brain just said no, I'm not gonna do this. This happened for the next four days.

However, at 4AM this morning, after 4 hours of sleep, I was able to get it done and it works. It's still not finished, I want to post the factors in order of  increasing value and to combine like factors with an exponent. Should be simple enough, maybe tomorrow. 

This morning I went to Costco and $220 for a couple of boxes of food. At noon I drove into Beaverton to have lunch at Giovanni's with usual Tuesday gang. And in between each of these activities, I took a nap. Four hours of sleep last night, while sound and restful, was still only four hours. But three naps later and with a full tummy I was able to watch some decent videos, which I will be posting over the next couple of days, on the theory, that's it better to spread things out rather than to dump five or six half-hour long videos on you all at once. I dunno if scheduling helps or not, but I've kind of gotten into the habit of posting in advance with the daily 10 Short Videos thing I've been doing. It's been kind of a pain lately (see above), so I don't know if I'll keep doing it. Right now I'm shooting for the end of the year.

No comments: