Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 8, 2009

Font = Fount ?

Is it "the font of all wisdom", or "the fount of all wisdom"? Either one sounds correct. This question occurred to me the other day, and not having a reference handy, I made a note. Turns out that if you are talking about the source of all wisdom, either one is correct, but if you are talking about what typeface is being used, font is the one you want. The typeface of all wisdom? Would this be the character set that God used to inscribe the ten commandants on the stone tablets for Moses? We may never know what that looked like, and I think that would be a pretty elitist attitude for a font. Personally, I like Times-Roman, which is what I think I am seeing on the screen right now, although who knows? It could be some variation.

Update January 2017 replaced missing image.

1 comment:

Ole Phat Stu said...

What a reader sees on HIS screen depends inthe content of his overriding CSS, if he has set any.

Stu