Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Moldy Peach Butter


We ran out of jam the other day, and I'm looking for something to put on my waffles and I find a brand new, never been opened, jar of peach butter. I open it up, spread some on my waffles and eat it all up. It's not strawberry jam, but it's good enough. The next day I go to the peach butter again and there is a spot of mold growing in the lid, and another on the inside of the jar. What the devil? Normally I'm not opposed to a spot of mold. Leave cheese in the fridge for a month or two and you get green spots. Scrap them off with a knife and you are good to go. But I only opened this jar a day or two ago. What's the deal?

It might be really old. I think someone gave it to us as a gift once upon a time and it's been sitting in the pantry until this week. I suppose that might have something to do with it.

Peach butter is okay, but I can't say I'm a big fan, so it's no big loss. I'll toss it out and get a new pot of jam at the store.

Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: