Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 19, 2009

Ignite Salem 1

I drove down (down means South, right?) to Salem yesterday evening for my five minutes of fame. I gave a five minute speech about my idea for a multi-level city. It seemed to go pretty well. The event was held at the Northern Lights Theater Pub on South East Commercial Street.
The theater was interesting. Projectors are finding new uses all the time. Our church uses a projector to display the words to songs, dispensing with the need for hymnals. Northern Lights uses a projector to display the menu above the concession stand. They also had a theater size projector that they used for the speakers presentations at this event.

This picture was an experiment. It is a picture of Ross Schwartzendruber, who organized the event, taken from across the theater at full zoom, using a water bottle as a tripod. No flash, the distance was too great. I used Picasa's fill light slider to bring some of the surrounding stuff out from the background. Can't really tell who it is, but Ross deserves credit for putting this show together.



Here are the slides that went with my speech:

Update March 2016. Replaced missing pictures with copies from my archives.
Update April 2020. Replaced missing slideshow with new embed code.

No comments: