Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Japanese Mall Fountain


Found on Marty North & Greenfield Park

Update: I was wondering how accurate the timing on the water nozzles would have to be in order to create these kinds of falling pictures. I estimated the size of the display to be about ten feet square. To place a water drop within one-tenth of an inch in the middle of the display, the timing on the nozzle would have to be accurate to about one-tenth of a millisecond. After falling five feet, it takes a drop of water about one-half of a millisecond to fall one-tenth of an inch. So your nozzles need to have very consistent opening and closing times.

3 comments:

Stu said...

Great!

I'll even wait for the colour printer ;-)

sharon said...

OK,...how to enjoy Art,....mathematically?

Chuck Pergiel said...

I posted it because I thought it was really cool, but then I got to thinking about what it would take to produce such images using falling water, so being mathematically inclined I had to figure it out.