Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quote of the Day

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell. A post on Stu's blog led me to a Wikipedia article about the Dunning-Kruger effect, wherein I found this.

I don't think I really appreciate the extent of this effect. I think I tend to give other people more credit than they deserve. I always thought that if it was obvious to me, it was obvious to everyone else as well. Seems that is not the case.

Part of the problem might have to do with how thick your skin is / how strong is your self-esteem / how sensitive you are. You go on your way, jumping to conclusions, and some of the time they work fine. When they don't work out is when you have an opportunity to learn something. If you are thick skinned, or just oblivious, it may just slide off you and you won't even notice. Someone who is more sensitive / observant may realize that whatever it was didn't work, and maybe jumping to the same conclusion might not be such a good idea next time.

No comments: