Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 1, 2010

Funny Wrenches



My friend Jack inherited a bunch of tools from his father. Going through the socket wrenches he came across these two little oddballs. The short one kind of looks like a quarter-to-five-sixteenths adaptor, but it isn't really. I imagine it's for a drain plug with a 5/16" square recess. I really don't have a clue what the long thin one is for. The opening is sort of an oval. It looks like it fits a small round shaft with two flats on opposite sides.

As near as I can make out, the short one says "Snap on 5/16 PPM-410 USA" and the thin one says "Snap on TN-22A USA". They both also have a symbol that looks something like a capital I.

Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

2 comments:

Rocky Humbert said...

The short stubby one is a Snap On part # PPM516A. I spoke to someone who's worked at Snap On for almost 40 years. He said that he "kind of" remembered the other part -- but he couldn't remember the name or intended use. He said that they haven't made that part for ages. So you stumped the Snap-On folks ... treat yourself to a Snap-ple as a prize!

Jimfavreur said...

I use to consider myself a self proclaimed guru on all things concerning socket wrenches. You have now humbled me and now I won't be able to rest till I find out exactly what that long thin one is.