Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sir Spam-A-Lot

A spammer left a comment on one my older posts, a post about cable ties for Pete's sake, so naturally I had to find out what he is selling. Surprise, surprise, he's selling, wait for it, cable ties! But there was something odd about their website, so I wrote them a note:
Your spammer Garry left a comment on my blog, which led me to your very professional looking website. But I'm looking at the prices and for every item there are two prices listed, one with GST and one without. So now I'm wondering just what the heck is GST? I'm thinking maybe it's Georgia sales tax, so I click on the contact link and I find you are in AUSTRALIA. Nowhere on your web page does it say anything about being in AUSTRALIA. Oh, wait a minute, the URL has a little tiny .au tacked on the end. You might want to make that bit a little more prominent, especially since you are offering free shipping to all states. I mean, really? Free shipping to ALL states? Even those half a world away?

This problem is not confined to wackos from Australia, it's a problem common to many websites, especially US TV stations. They seem to think they are the only fish in the sea. I mean who in their right mind isn't familiar with KPRQ?

No comments: