Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 1, 2011

After Action Report

The Great Jackson School Neighborhood Garage Sale is over. My daughter was the big winner. She collected $100 for clothes that were sold and she didn't even have to be here. Of course, you could say the people who bought the clothes were the real winners. Who knows how many thousands of dollars went into buying all those fancy duds we sold for two or three dollars a piece. My wife claims it was only hundreds, not thousands, but then she is ever the optimist.

Traffic started out light, but it slowly picked up as the morning wore on. Usually the neighborhood is thronged with people from the get go, so it was kind of surprising that the traffic was so light. Is this because the local economy is doing better and people don't need to scrounge as much? Or is it because the economy is worse, but people have gotten smarter and are making more use of Craigslist and Ebay?

I sold a pair of studded snow tires that I bought for a mini-van we sold a few years ago. Forgot about them till now. I asked and got $20 for them. I didn't ask much because the only other times I tried to sell used tires I never got much. Given the level of interest I think I could have gotten considerably more this time.

Sold an HP 48GX calculator for $50. Bought it several years ago when I took off on a tangent that quickly petered out. I might have been able to get more for it on Ebay, that would have meant shipping it, which is kind of a hassle. and for me it wasn't worth it just for the possibility of another $20.


What do you do with a Wurlitzer Organ? My son and his cohorts picked it up somewhere and drug it home because it supposedly had a Lesley revolving speaker. It does, but evidently it doesn't have the requisite power handling capacity for what they wanted to use it for. Or maybe they just got bored. Anyway, it's been sitting in the rec room for a year, and he has gone off to college, so what do we do with it? It seems to work fine, near as I can tell anyway. It has a whole bunch switches, most of which seem to do something. Some I'm not too sure about.


I put an ad on Craig's List but I did not get a single inquiry. Maybe I set the price too low, I asked for a dollar. Next plan is to put it out by the street on the next sunny day with a free sign on it. Maybe someone while carry it away. It will take some carrying, it is kind of heavy, maybe 200 pounds.

Update February 2017 replaced missing picture. The organ eventually found a home in an adult care home. Jack and I hauled it over there and the nice lady gave us $50 for our trouble.

No comments: