Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 13, 2011

Wanted


The only connection I can find between the name and the movie is that it is based on a comic of the same name. It starts off with David O'Hara being dangerous and almost unintelligible (he's a Scot), proceeds to James McAvoy dying of boredom as an office drone:
It's my anorexic boss' birthday. This means there's a certain amount of inter-office pressure to stand around the conference table, eating crappy food and pretending to worship her. Acting for five minutes like Janice doesn't make all our lives miserable is the hardest work I'll do all day. My job title is account manager. I used to be called an account service representative, but a consultant told us we have to manage our clients, and to not service them. I have a girlfriend who I neither manage or service. That's my best friend Barry fucking her on an Ikea kitchen table I picked up for a really good price. I'm finding it hard to care about anything these days. In fact, the only thing I do care about is the fact that I can't care about anything. Seriously, it worries me. My name is Wesley Gibson. My dad walked out on my mom when I was seven days old. Sometimes I wonder if he ever looked into my baby blue eyes and asked himself "did I just father the most insignificant asshole of the twenty-first century"?
But then Angeline Jolie comes into the picture and things get a whole lot more interesting. McAvoy's character plays the fool for about five minutes, but he finally gets some sense knocked into him, pun intended. The whole movie is way over the top. The special effects and the stunts are just amazing. Unbelievable really, but that's okay, it makes for a good story. And Angelina is always easy to watch, even with her clothes on.

No comments: