Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Convention Dream


I am at a big convention center, in fact I've been there all week. Unlike my few real-life experiences, I am thoroughly engaged and having a good time. It's the last day and I am looking for a couple of people. Naturally there are schedules and maps and pamphlets galore, but I am familiar with all the places they are likely to be and set off to find them. I am in looking in presentation rooms which are widely separated by meeting rooms where there are numbers of people standing around and talking. I am not having any luck and I finally reach the end of my chain. There is a meeting room adjacent to a large theater-like presentation room. The lobby to this theater is made of gently sloping stairs interspersed with generous landings, and it is big, big enough to be a theater itself. There are people here as well, standing in small groups and doing whatever people standing in small groups do. Down at the bottom of the stairs is a row of doors that lead into the theater. The doors are spaced a foot or two apart and the spaces between the doors are decorated with some kind of column motif. The general color scheme is teal and white.
    I enter the lobby at the top of the stairs. On my way in I pick up a four foot long brass rod with softball size spherical ends. It is about two inches in diameter and very light, much like the stanchions theaters use to support the guide ropes for queues. I am swinging this thing around like a cane. I realize it could look ominous, but I have no intention of attacking anyone, I am simply swinging it around like a carefree child.
    I am hurrying down the stairs because I really want to find my compatriots. Someone sees me and tells me there is no hurry because the doors aren't going to open for ten minutes. I reply "that's good, then we will have plenty of time for a cordial conversation."
    When I finally get to the bottom I ask if there is a meeting going on in the adjacent meeting room. The reply is that I can't go in, the theater doors are closed, which I understand to mean that you can't get into the meeting room without going through the theater entrance. "That's fine" I say, "but is there even a meeting going on in there now?" The employee (manager or usher, I can't tell) says he will find out, and off he goes.
    Since it appears he will be gone for a while I start wandering through the crowd. As I do I come across a squad of air force men forming up in ranks underneath some kind of platform that is elevated above the lobby floor. It is not a segregated area, anyone (like me) can just wander in. I suppose the platform does give them a sort of reference point. I think I recognize a couple of these guys but then I realize, no, it's just the shape of their face is similar to people I know.
   Eventually I wander back and find the manager/usher talking to an air force woman. She has her back to me and and is holding an open folder in front of her. She is telling him that because the topic of the meeting is speculative, that is, even before preliminary, (never mind that we have no idea what topic is under discussion) that I can file this piece of paper (that she is pulling out of her folder) with my income tax form, and then she leaves.
    I am incredulous. At first I don't want to have anything to do with this piece of paper, I am certainly not going to file it with my income tax, but then I think it would make an interesting souvenir. I mean no one would believe this story without some kind of evidence. The manager/usher says 'no problem, he will make me a copy,' but then he tears the the piece of paper in half, gives me the lower half and runs off. I know without even looking at the piece he gave me that is like the bottom half of a receipt from a big box store, full of special offers and legalese but absolutely useless in the realm of real life, and I give chase to the two timing scoundrel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SCENE 1 : THE PROBLEM
a very public place- dealing in a fun public atmosphere in a relatively fun, yet dramatic manner?/
the scenarios represented in your dreams are, as a general rule, ALL BOUT YOU, the Dreamer.
The various people in it represent aspects of yourself.
The first thing you see is ALWAYS the problem you are deliberating about.
And the final scene, is ALWAYS the SOLUTION to it.
It seems your dream is located INSIDE a building or buildings?
That would indicate INTERNAL ISSUES.- WHERE the dreams are located indicate WHERE the issue you have is centered-
like attic- IN YOUR HEAD, and so on
Is it DAY or NIGHT- or is the outside seen at all?
Daylight or Night time, and weather conditions indicate HOW CLEARLY YOU SEE THINGS,
and in the very rare case of Godly guidance dreams, a dream entirely outside can,often be a guidance dream.
Naturally you would know where all the maps are, they're inside your head!

Anonymous said...

TEAL AND WHITE,... very beach ball 50's carefree color scheme- like the car colors of that era.
obviously it is BEFORE THE SHOW- what is the SHOW in your life, do you feel about to attend a show? or, more humorously- what could SHOW UP?
Have you been presenting something, or something convention-like been or is being or will be presented to you? Lots of different people, objective, impersonal...
Interesting that you must descend to enter the "Theatre" ,.....that indicates something is deep in you, or on a lower level.
`Dreams depicting basements
the nether regions or deeply subliminal subjects.~
You are LOOKING FOR YOUR COMPATRIOTS, those whom you have a bond of some kind with-similar feeling/attitudes/objectives- maybe looking for those traits in yourself, re-igniting them, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Swinging the brass thing. Obviously to YOU, you are not going to hurt anyone, but is it that obvious really? Is it a threatening show, for people to keep their distance, as it is a pole used to keep up a guide-line for people to be physically directed by.
Do you feel you are being cavalier in some way with your own guidelines, perhaps? A self-protective defense maybe?
After all- you are not IN the show- it is before it, and you are on an ambivalent level- no commitment to the show or the timeline of it etc,...
You can't get to see your compatriot UNLESS you go through the THEATRE (go to or through the show)!
So, whatever you are looking for won't be seen until you do...
THE LOBBY is very important staging in your dream show here.
Lobbies are general terminals and pass throughs or holding areas between getting to where you are wanting to go.
A lot of your dream seems to be here. You are waiting in it, it seems, and other impersonal aspects of you are passing the time but all there for the same reason- waiting for the show to begin... ?
The air force- (could be a mental pun)- could be YOU are gathering YOUR forces beneath a HIGHER PLATFORM- the mind is SO ingenious!
Interesting, you phrase it as the platform is a *REFERENCE POINT. { It is a HIGHER platform- in thought or principle and or deed??} or some ideal men hold highly?

Anonymous said...

LASTLY-Your "manager" is most likely another component of your subliminal whom you've sent off to CHECK AND SEE if there is anything going on with your compatriot in the meeting room....
He has located the female air FORCE person. [representing either softer, more feminine views or aspect OR- MORE LIKELY strong- forceful- whatever a air-force woman's qualities represent to you,
have met. This is what is going on inside of you- he has tracked it for you to her . So he is "checking her out" whatever it is "she"represents to you in this dream- you are deciding whether or not you can entertain this aspect or question.
She is impersonal and by the book, and is holding the folder of information open, as if to say, see for yourself- or it's completely obvious, or commonly known-?
Like a bureaucrat or government worker- the TICKET she is giving you- [TICKET? mental note of: monetary costs, even like a policeman handing out a ticket- a fine for crossing some law}she impersonally is putting this speculative meeting- even before a preliminary one, on the level that it is going to cost you- {Income Tax reference.}
but you conclude, however that;........... "I think it would make an interesting souvenir. "
So, counting the cost is not meaningful to you here, as you are overlooking it.
obviously, you don't like what your "manager" is telling you. And he is ripping your ticket (maybe the ticket from the lady WAS the show?) in half- (ripping you off- maybe?)- you definitely feel cheated,
and are angrily after your Chafe-ist! You are pissed as the outcome of this ridiculous show!

Anonymous said...

Of course all dream images are PERSONAL TO YOU, which only YOU can rightly interpret- your own subliminal speaking to you, sorting things out.
THIS is just a possible scenario, based on common understanding of universal imagery.
IF it doesn't feel right to you , try another line of reasonings to apply to your dream message.
PS : THE LAST THING ACT OF YOUR DREAM IS A-L-W-A-Y-S YOUR SOLUTION...: )
seems like you wanted to beat up your manager for even bringing it up to check this out-