Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Google Drive

I'm trying to do a little bookkeeping and The Google is telling me to wait. I don't like waiting. Ten seconds to deep fat fry those buffalo wings? That's too long! I want them now!" says Homer J. Simpson. I don't like keeping records on my own machine. If you do that you are supposed to make back up copies occasionally, and I've never been very good at that. Besides, I don't think I've ever lost anything important due to a hard disk drive failing. Well, maybe, once, a long time ago, and it must not have been that important, after all I'm still here.
     If you keep your records in the cloud like me, you are dependent on a whole host of other people and their machines. The advantage is that there are a zillion other people doing the same thing, and some of them are paying customers, and presumably The Google does not want to aggravate their paying customers, so maybe my little account is protected by the enormous shadow of the giant paying customer. Or not. It seems to work well enough most of the time.

No comments: