Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 3, 2014

Blue-Dzheens

California Bob expands into international markets:

I'm selling a pair of Levi's on eBay, which has led to an exchange with a potential buyer in Moscow.  Shipping to Russia adds about $25 to pair of jeans.  I asked why he's wiling to pay the premium -- don't they sell Levi's in Russia?
His latest response:

"Thanks" Putin the pair of brand new Levis 501 costs in Moscow about $150!!
Can you imagine?!
I buy two brand new pairs of Levis from Ebay + cost of shipment and total price costs less than to buy one pair in Moscow!!!
And they want to stop the possibility for russian people to buy abroad.
Putin drives us back to soviet times...
We all scare((
Best regards,
[name redacted to protect my contact]
When I visited the USSR back in 1987, the big items for trade were cigarettes and "blue-dzheens" -- and even then blue jeans were losing their novelty, with khakis and the like becoming the in-demand trousers. This is either an example of "plus ca change," or some hacker is using my naivete to siphon my bank accounts. PS: if you don't hear from me again I've been deemed a security risk and have been taken out by a drone.

Near as I can tell naivete is pronounced nie-eve-i-tai.

No comments: