Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, March 14, 2014

Harry Warren

Gold Diggers of 1933

James Lileks writes "Harry Warren wrote a lot of music." Oh? Who's Harry Warren? So I follow the link to Wikipedia, which says:
Over a career spanning four decades, Warren wrote over 800 songs. Other well-known Warren hits included "I Only Have Eyes for You", "You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby", "Jeepers Creepers", "The Gold Diggers' Song (We're in the Money)", "That's Amore", "The More I See You", "At Last" and "Chattanooga Choo Choo" (the last of which was the first gold record in history). Warren was one of America's most prolific film composers,and his songs have been featured in over 300 films.
Hey, I remember those songs. I'm not sure how, possibly from my folks singing bits of them at home when I was little. YouTube has recordings:

No comments: