Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The New Generation Gap

My daughter ran up some wedding related expenses and now the bill is due. So how much is the tab? Well, it seems there are two balances on the statement, one is the current balance and the other is something else. What? Let's see this statement. Well, we it's on the computer upstairs. What? Online stuff doesn't count, where's the paper statement? I go on my merry way thinking that a paper statement will show up sometime and when it does we can look at the balance see what we want to do about it. My daughter who lives in the present doesn't get paper statements, so she's thinking that since I am not going to pay the bill without a paper statement and since there is no paper statement, I'm not going to pay the bill.

A couple of weeks go by and the topic comes around again and it is only now that we discover our misunderstanding. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments: