Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, October 9, 2017

Fires

Ashes on San Francisco Patio - California Bob
California Bob reports:
Big fires in Napa and North Bay started last night.  The smell of smoke woke me up around 3AM.  There are often bonfires a the beach, and we can smell them outside, but these strong odors, inside the house, at 3AM, didn't make sense.  And it smelled different than a bonfire.  Anyway I didn't see anything, figured it was a house fire somewhere, and went back to bed.
This morning saw the news about the wildfires, and the patio was covered with fine ashes. These ashes are from 60 miles away.
I noticed ashes on my truck last month. This is the first year I recall something like this happening. Is it a freak occurrence, is the world going up in smoke, or do I just not remember all the times it has happened in the past? I mean, it didn't really affect my day-to-day life. Why would I remember something like this?

1 comment:

AndrewP said...

Yes this is one of the new phenomena caused by global warming climate change.
We are the frogs in the gradually warming water looking at each other wondering if this is as it always was.
I blame the soccer parents idling their SUVs in front of the of elementary schools.
I'm (thinking of) stock piling gasoline to make my escape to Alaska when Texas starts burning.