Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Crocodile


The most effective weapon of World War Two

Just read about those idiot Hindus exercising their anti-satellite weapon. Pissed me off so much I had to go look for something else to capture my attention until I calmed down. This Lindybeige video took  45 minutes and I am a little calmer now, plus I learned a bunch of stuff, not all of it about the Crocodile.

A Churchill Crocodile at Fort Montbarey
Flame throwers are terrifying, much more so than guns or bombs, at least to my mind. I suppose it has to do with the amount of pain any kind of burn generates. Everyone gets burned sooner or later, and that pretty much ensures that you will have a very strong aversion to getting burned again. I suppose it's because of the large number of nerve endings in your skin, and that's where burns happen. A burn may not incapacitate you in any physical way, but even a little burn will sure as heck get your attention.

Churchill Crocodile tank, flamethrower fuel pipe
If you are going to push 400 gallons of napalm out the nozzle in a minute and a half,
you will need a pretty big pipe.
I suspect this also makes people reluctant to use fire as a weapon, but when you have an implacable enemy who is causing damage to your people, I can see where you could lose any feelings of fair play and just not care anymore about being 'civilized'. Plus getting shot by a gun will either kill you outright, in which case your suffering will be minimal, or you will fully recover. At least that's what happens in the movies. We won't talk about those people who survived getting shot but are still suffering.

ProBuilt Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Crocodile Flamethrowing Tank +Fuel Trailer
Lot's of pictures out there of Churchill Crocodiles, but not many that show the fuel trailer.


No comments: