Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Wood


This Is What We Do

I buy lumber occasionally for small home repair projects. I have a chain saw that I use mostly for cutting the end off of the Christmas tree every year. There is a lumber mill near Hagg Lake, which is only about 15 miles away. I see log trucks hauling logs down the highway every now and then. But I can't recall ever seeing a logging operation in progress. Of course, you don't want to get too near this kind of thing. It's kind of like being in a gun battle in the Mideast: all kinds of dangerous shit flying through the air. You don't want to be there unless you know what you are doing and you're getting paid.

I suppose the reason you don't encounter actual in-progress logging operations is because they are very efficient. It doesn't take an army to harvest a hundred acres of trees.

Via Knuckledraggin My Life Away

No comments: