Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas

Boska Cheese Slicer
I need to rethink our holiday meals. Standard family meal consists of mom cooking vegetables in the kitchen and me grilling meat outside on the patio. That works fine in the summer time, but for some reason, we do it that way even when the weather is wretched. We celebrated Christmas on Sunday as Osmany was flying to Miami on Monday to visit more relatives.

Osmany cooked a turkey on the grill for Thanksgiving and that turned out great. I don't think the weather was any better then. But on this Sunday I could not get the charcoal to light. Oh, it would light, but it took almost an hour for it to really get going. It was pouring rain, but I had the charcoal grill under the patio umbrella, so we didn't have water pouring down on it. The only thing I can think is that the charcoal absorbed water out of the air during the month it was sitting outside in the gardening box. That and being cold combined to make it reluctant to catch fire. Guess I'll need to keep it inside the house if I am going to keep doing this. Or maybe I should learn to use the broiler.

We got the steaks cooked, but they came out pretty much well done, which was way more than the guys liked but it made the girls happy. It also made dinner an hour late, which discombobulated the timing for everything else, but it all turned out pretty well.

John got me the cheese slicer (above) because I horrified him when I cut up a block of cheddar using a carving knife. Don't understand that, but hey, cool new cheese slicer.


1 comment:

AndrewP said...

Yes, I recently stayed in a house where that slicer was de rigueur. I was assailed when I cut ragged uneven slices with a knife.