Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 17, 2020

Stupid Linux


Cleaning out cupboards in preparation for moving, which might happen in a month or two or maybe not at all, the future is cloudy, I cannot see. Anyway, cleaning out cupboards I came across a small hard drive in a case with a USB connector, so I thought to try it out, see if it's any good. Seems to be working so I load a new version of Linux on it and go charging on.

Funny how little stuff I need off of the old hard drive. Copied my dominos program from the old drive to the new one. I can read from the original hard drive installed in this PC, but I can't write to it. Try to compile the program and it trips over assert.h. Okay, the default installation is weak, so I go mucking about and end up with broken packages that cannot be fixed. Fortunately, there is the Linux Mint Forum and someone will surely rescue me shortly.

I'm posting this because I didn't want to copy the text from the error message, so I thought I would just include a screen shot with my inquiry, but the image needs to be on the net somewhere, and for some reason Google Photos couldn't provide a link, but Blogger could, so here we are.

No comments: