Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Quote of the Day

Prince Charles knights Roger Scruton in 2016
You can lose your faith without losing the values that derive from it or the spiritual orientation that it implanted in your soul. And you might retain those things and be all the more distressed by a secular culture that mocks or tramples on them. - Roger Scruton
I never had much faith, but I think I have a pretty strong set of values, and they are pretty much Christian ones. So this quote hits close to home.

I came across this in the first section of a long essay by Sir Roger. He starts off by talking about Jesus, the Roman Empire, the Ottomans and Mohammed and the balance / conflict between a religious authority and a secular one. That will give me enough to chew on for a while. He goes on for a bit, I didn't read the whole thing. I can only absorb so much at one sitting. It will take me a while to digest what I read.

Sir Scruton passed away recently. Several people made note of it, I had never heard of him before.

No comments: