Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Quote of the Day

Conversion on the Way to Damascus - Caravaggio - 1601
When I read the lines from 1 Corinthians that are so beloved of marriage celebrants, I do not form the impression that humans are lovely creatures. Instead, I ask myself why patience, kindness and perseverance are necessary. And the only answers that occur to me are that love is patient because men and women are exasperating, that love is kind because men and women are repellent, and love perseveres because love is very often a dull and unrewarding grind. When Paul tells me that love “is not easily angered,” I take him to mean that the man who loves puts up with a lot because life hands him lots to put up with. - JMSmith
Caravaggio has appeared here before.

1 comment:

xoxoxoBruce said...

I think by age 50 most people have given up trying to save even a portion of humanity, and concentrate on trying to save their own sanity. Patience, kindness, and perseverance are the tools.

You've already shown a working knowledge of them.