Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

High Anxiety


Vertigo (9/11) Movie CLIP - Scottie's Nightmare (1958) HD
Movieclips

I am suffering from a little anxiety because of the COVID-19 panic. Mind you not because of the disease, but because we seem to be a nation of headless chickens. If reports are correct, zillions of people are out of work, the economy is heading for the dumpster and inflation is heading for the stratosphere.

I'm not seeing much in my day-to-day life. Traffic was way down for a while, but it seems to be picking up. Homeless encampments seem to be getting bigger. Prices are edging up. I have to wear a mask when I got to the store to buy beer. I should just include beer in our weekly grocery pickup, then I don't have to go in the store so I don't have to put on the stupid mask.

If Trump was really the fearless leader some people claim he is, he would never have allowed this lockdown nonsense to get a foothold, much less spread like a horribly contagious plague. I kind of like Trump, not because of anything he says or does (I have no idea about either of those, I certainly don't listen to him), but because of the reactions he elicits from his enemies. He dropped the ball on this one though.

Communists get a toehold in a country when the lower tier of society gets ignored by the upper tiers. If the trampled upon form a large enough portion of the population, the commies can even gain control. The idea of communism is very appealing, but the reality of it is that they really don't know how to run a country, supplies of everything (except corruption) runs low. Corruption though runs rampant.

Politicians are treating this crisis, as they treat everything, as a political football to gain some advantage over their opponents, never mind what course of action would  benefit the people of this country. If this lockdown shit continues, this country may very well end up in the dumpster and the commies will get their wish.

I thought about using an image or a trailer from the movie High Anxiety as the splash header for this post, but the clip Vertigo does a better job of setting the tone. I mean, I've got a bad feeling about this and comedy isn't really what I wanted.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised you have a single pleasant thought about Trump. He is exactly the type of buffoon you hate, glib and without substance. "Ha ha look a the monkey" is hardly a reason to support the downfall of the country.

Unknown said...

From a guy who hasn't left his house in 20 years.