Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, October 23, 2020

Spooky


3D Animated Sci-Fi Short Film | Avarya by Gökalp Gönen
Turn on Closed Captions for English subtitles
Short of the Week

I've been thinking about how people would cope with a long duration space voyage and this video pops up on YouTube. Can Google read my mind now?

There is nothing new in this story that I haven't read in science fiction before, though this is likely a new combination.

The best part is the visualization of interstellar travel. I still have hope that a particle accelerator would be able to provide enough thrust to make interstellar travel possible, though the efficiency required may be impossible to attain. If that proves to be the case, we still have our old fallback of distorting space, i.e. worm holes and/or warp drives. That is what I presume is being done here, and it's great.

No comments: